Thursday, March 1, 2012

Boys and Toys!


Cleaning the garage is like going on a treasure hunt. I find all kinds of things. I found some of my boy's old toys. C'mon, who doesn't like toys? So, I asked them if they wanted to keep them and of course I was a bit surprised when they both responded with a quick "No, Mom. Throw them away". What!? But they're memories! How can you throw memories away. Okay, so I am a pack-rat, but memories are serious. I remember when these toys came to live at my house. I remember watching my boys play with them and the hours of delight they brought. The toys were always present when we watched their respective TV shows and they were great for keeping bouncy boys quiet at restaurants while we were waiting for our food. So, again, I ask,"How do you throw away memories"? Well, if you are me, you take pictures of them. Yeah, my boys shook their heads when I grabbed my camera and asked them to pick out some of their favorites. They teased me but they will appreciate the warm fuzzy feelings they get when they look at the pictures in the years to come. I can just hear them telling stories of how they played with the toys. And, I did get rid of them...well, sort of. I just did what any self-respecting pack-rat would do...I passed them on to my grand-twins. And you can bet I am going to take their pictures with those toys!

Can you name these toys?
Sting-Dragon Flyz-Power Ranger (Jason)-Pikachu-Mighty Ducks

Sting was a favorite!


Dragon Flyz were fun to launch!


BeyBlades!
Etch-A-Sketch and Legos
Sunglasses and Pooh!
So, what toys are you hiding in your garage or attic? :-D 

Blessings!
Cherene

Remember to cherish this journey we call life...your footprints are a gift from above!


No comments: